Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ms Liza at MIDDLE PASSAGES wrote a post today that reminded me of an "Erased" earlier post of mine

Click on Title to Jump to her site.

This was from the prompt "metamorphosis" at "The One Minute Writer"
I Finally Met A Morfus

‘Dim lights thi -ick smoooke and louuud countreee musiic”. If you know the song you understand the reasoning for the phonically spelled tag line. If not, oh well, continue on anyway. It happened today. Word prompt “Metamorphosis“.. The lights got brighter.

A whole tow sack full of psychiatrists won’t be able to tell you why guitar pickers hang out in the nastiest, soured smelling, roach infested honkey tonks to have a good time. I think it is the stereotypical vision of being the only place other people go to listen or play music. I can tell you it is not. I learned to hate it.

Thursday, three weeks ago, Mr. “Roy” shared his birthday cake with me and several others, celebrating his 90th birthday. It was lunch time at the Senior Citizens Center. Today was our Thursday schedule again.. Some friends and I play guitars at the Senior Citizen Meals on Wheels event on selected Thursdays. The window blinds were open. The fluorescent lights were bright. There was no smoke. Mr. “Roy” and fifty other celebrants hit the dance floor with the first chord of “Kansas City”. Mr. “Roy” likes to raise his knee waist high and shake his foot when he likes the music. Mr. Roy liked the music today. So did I.

6 comments:

  1. ...and probably the rest of the audience wasn't crying in their beer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Roy! Love how music gives us all a spark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm never sure, you know, really sure, when it is real or when you are creating. I hope this one was real, for Mr. Roy and for you. We get more when we give, I think, than those at the other end.

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank YOU! I'm so glad it was real! Yes, there is more there to write, for sure!

    and i said i wouldn't but i do get just a little antsy...i started another blog and was going to be patient and see who would find me but if you care to still read me, i am over here http://thetinyleaf.blogspot.com/

    thank you for all your kind words, Glenn.

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Music is the primary art, if you ask me. Glad you unerased it!

    ReplyDelete